At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Wilmington. Whether it’s done through our own business practices or making energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on specific climates. The options below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Visit your Wilmington Pella Showroom to learn about more of our insulating glass choices or our recommended glass for the Wilmington region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between two or more glass panes to give extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Wilmington Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.