Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when entering your Wilmington home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and call for a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can be given a major revamp.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Wilmington, give them a call at 910-218-9596 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the selections for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.