Winter weather is just around the corner in Wilmington and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Wilmington winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can trickle in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella of Wilmington experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Wilmington.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Wilmington a call at 910-218-9596 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.