Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a wonderful way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your house. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 910-218-9596, stop by our Wilmington showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.