Fall is just around the corner in Wilmington, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to consider when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Wilmington a call at 910-218-9596 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!